- Girl Gaga has grow to be a staple at awards reveals for each her performing and her singing
- The multihyphenate artist’s first huge Golden Globe nomination was for a track with Elton John in 2012
- She took dwelling her first performing Golden Globe for a tv undertaking in 2016
Girl Gaga has actually cemented herself as a number one expertise in Tinseltown. The star — born Stefani Joanne Germanotta in 1986 — first gained consideration from Hollywood’s annual awards reveals as a singer/songwriter earlier than inflicting a crucial commotion together with her performing skills. In fact, the previous class continues to be pumping life as she was nominated for Finest Track on the 2023 Golden Globes together with her hovering ballad “Maintain My Hand” from the 12 months’s greatest blockbuster Prime Gun: Maverick. And with the Golden Globe present returning to a televised broadcast this 12 months following inner modifications made by the Hollywood International Press Affiliation — amid the controversy over the shortage of variety amongst its former voting physique — followers wish to know all about Girl Gaga’s Globes historical past. Hold studying to search out out all about it, under!
Girl Gaga’s Golden Globe Wins
2016 Finest Actress Restricted Sequence Tv – American Horror Story: Resort
Girl Gaga hit it out of the park on her first time at bat for performing on tv! The “Born This Approach” singer took dwelling the highest prize for her flip because the ruthless, blood-sucking Countess of the Resort Cortez. “[The Countess] desires everybody on this lodge to like her for who she actually is, crafty or not,” Gaga instructed Selection on the time of the nomination. “Crafty, evil – she feels that they’re all right here on this triumph of the lodge due to her. And he or she retains them collectively and she or he desires to be rewarded for that, for who she actually is, and never for anything.”
The celebrity was up in opposition to Felicity Huffman, Queen Latifah and Kirsten Dunst. The present itself misplaced in its Restricted Sequence class in opposition to Wolf Corridor, which centered round King Henry VIII’s courtroom.
2018 Finest Track Movement Image – “Shallow”
Girl Gaga teamed up with Bradley Cooper for an additional tackle the film A Star is Born. Whereas additionally they acquired nominations for his or her performing, the pair introduced dwelling the gong for the movie’s signature tune “Shallow.” The ditty and its writers gained in opposition to such musical icons as Dolly Parton, Linda Perry and Annie Lennox.
Girl Gaga’s Golden Globe Nominations
Along with the 2 awards Gaga gained above, here's a checklist of the awards she was nominated for however didn’t take dwelling.
2012 Finest Track Movement Image – “Whats up Whats up”
- Girl Gaga teamed up with Elton John to put down the hit track “Whats up Whats up” from the 2012 animated film Gnomes. Nonetheless, that they had fierce competitors in Madonna together with her “Masterpiece” from W.E. and Chris Cornell together with his “The Keeper” from Machine Gun Preacher, with the Materials Woman taking dwelling the prize.
2019 Finest Actress Drama – A Star is Born
- Whereas she and Bradly took dwelling the Finest Track prize for the film, Girl Gaga misplaced within the performing class to Glenn Shut in The Spouse. Nicole Kidman and Rosamund Pike had been additionally up the the award.
2022 Finest Actress Drama – Home of Gucci
- In one other dramatic position, Gaga took on the true life character of Patrizia Reggiani, who efficiently plotted to homicide her husband, Gucci scion and designer Maurizio Gucci, who was performed by Adam Driver.